It's a good idea to sync your iPad with iTunes on a regular basis. This provides a backup of your applications, movies, music and data that can be restored at a later point if you should have problems. Syncing with iTunes is also the process used for getting music, movies and even apps from your PC or Mac to your iPad.
- Before you sync your iPad with iTunes, you need to connect your iPad to your PC or Mac using the cable provided when you purchased your device.
- If iTunes doesn't open when you connect your iPad, launch it manually.
- iTunes should automatically sync your iPad based on the options you have set up or the default settings.
- If iTunes does not automatically begin the sync process, you can manually start it by selecting your iPad from the devices section of the menu on the left side of iTunes.
- With your iPad selected, choose File from the top menu and Sync iPad from the choices.