Do you want to move music from iTunes to your iPad? Perhaps you want to sync an individual playlist or a particular album? While the iPad allows home sharing to listen to music from iTunes without downloading the songs to your iPad, it is also handy to sync some music to your iPad. This allows you to listen to music on your iPad even when you aren't at home.
- You will need to connect your iPad to your PC or Mac and launch iTunes, as explained on the first page.
- Inside of iTunes, choose your iPad from the Devices list in the left-side menu.
- Choose Music from the list of options across the top of the screen. (It's highlighted in the photo above.)
- Check next to Sync Music at the top. Syncing your entire library should be the default setting. If you want to sync individual playlists or albums, click next to that option just below the Sync Music checkbox.
- This screen has four main options: Playlists, Artists, Genres and Albums. If you want to sync an individual playlist, put a check mark next to it under Playlists. You can do the same for individual artists, genres and albums.