The iPad makes a great device for watching movies, and luckily, the process of syncing movies from iTunes is relatively straight forward. However, because the files are so big, it will take some time to sync individual movies, and could take a considerable chunk of time to sync your entire collection.
Did you know you can watch movies on your iPad without downloading them from iTunes? Find out how to use home sharing to watch movies.
- You will need to connect your iPad to your PC or Mac and launch iTunes, as explained on the first page.
- Once iTunes has launched, choose your iPad from the Devices list in the left-side menu.
- With your iPad selected, there is a list of options across the top of the screen. Choose Movies. (It's highlighted in the photo above.)
- Put a check mark next to Sync Movies
- To sync your entire collection, check automatically include all moves. You can also change "all" to your most recent movies. But if you have a large collection, it might be best to simply transfer a few individual movies.
- When the option to automatically include all movies isn't checked, you'll have the option to check individual movies from the list below. Each individual movie selection will tell you how long the movie is and how much space it will take up on your iPad. Most movies will be around 1.5 gigs, give or take some depending on the length and the quality.