Have you ever wanted to upload a photo to Facebook from your iPad and been stopped in your tracks when the button to choose which photo was grayed out? Facebook may be one of the most popular websites in the world, but it is still just a website, which means it doesn't have access to files on your iPad. Luckily, iOS 6.0 added an easy way to post photos to Facebook. And even if you aren't running the latest iPad operating system, you can still upload a photo to the social networking site.
How to Upload a Photo to Facebook in iOS 6.x:
- Connect Your iPad to Facebook. If you haven't already done so, you will want to connect your iPad to Facebook in your iPad's settings. You can do this under the Facebook settings within your iPad settings. More Info on How to Connect Your iPad to Facebook
- Go to Your Photos. Once connected to Facebook, uploading photos to Facebook is a snap. First, go to the Photos app and choose which photo you want to upload.
- Share the Photo.. Touch the share icon at the top of the screen. This looks like a rectangle with an arrow coming out of it. This will bring up a pop-up window with sharing options.
- Share to Facebook. Simply tap Facebook and you will be prompted to input a comment for the photo. When you are ready, tap the "Post" button at the top right corner of the pop-up window.
How to Upload a Photo to Facebook in iOS 5.x and iOS 4.x:
- Download a Facebook app. The official Facebook app will let you easily upload a photo from you iPad, but it is not your only option. There are a number of great Facebook apps available that offer more functionality and a better experience than the official app. For this tutorial, I'll be using the official Facebook app to go over the steps, but these steps should be the same or very similar in most Facebook iPad apps. Check out the best Facebook apps on the iPad
- Tap "Photo" at the top of the screen. This step is the same as on the website, which also includes the Add Photo/Video button at the top of the screen.
- Tap "Choose From Library". You have the option to take a photo at this point and send it directly to Facebook, but chances are you already have a photo in mind.
- Choose From Camera Roll. Choosing from your Camera Roll will be the first option and it will give you access to your photos. If you have Photo Stream turned on, you will also be able to choose a photo from it. Any photo albums you have will also be listed.
- Choose Your Photo. Once you have chosen the camera roll or a specific album, you will see a list of thumbnail versions of your photos. You can slide your finger up and down this list to scroll through your photos. Tap your photo to prepare to upload it.
- Attach the photo. Posting the photo after choosing it is a two-step process. The first step is to confirm this is the photo you want by choosing attach at the bottom.
- Say something about your photo. The last step is similar to what you would see on Facebook's website: a request to comment on the photo. Type in whatever you want your friends to read when they view the photo and then touch the Post button at the top right of the window.
And that's it. You should be able to see the photo in your news feed just as you would any photo you upload to Facebook. These steps might be slightly different on third-party Facebook clients, but they are usually very similar.