Have you ever wanted to save a photo you saw on Facebook to your iPad's Camera Roll so you could access it from the Photos app? Or perhaps someone sent you a picture in email and you wanted to save it to your camera roll and upload it to Photo Stream? It's actually very simple to save photos and images on your iPad, and while it is a little different saving them from the web as opposed to an email, the directions are mostly the same.
These instructions include saving
Saving Photos to the iPad:
- Locate the photo you want to save to the iPad's camera roll.
- Press your finger down on the photo and hold it on the photo until a menu pops up on the screen.
- If you are in the iPad's Email app, the menu will include icons and look similar to the picture above. Choose "Save to Camera Roll" to save the image to the Photos app.
- If you are in the Safari browser, the menu will be text buttons. The "Save Image" option should be towards the bottom, just above "Copy".
- If you are in the Facebook app, you will need to first tap the photo so that it will show in full screen and then hold your finger down on the photo to get the pop up menu. The menu will be text buttons. Choose "Save Photo" and if prompted to allow Facebook to access your Photos, say Yes/OK.
Did you know: You can also copy photos to your Photo Stream. Find out how.