The Clock app introduced on the iPad with the iOS 6.0 update allows you to set an alarm on your iPad, which can be great if you want to use your iPad as an alarm clock. The alarm can even be set to repeat on different intervals, use a song as an alarm and even allow you to hit a virtual snooze button.
Here's how to set an alarm using the iPad's Clock app:
- Launch the Clock app by tapping on it.
- Once inside the Clock app, touch the button with the plus sign in the upper right corner. A new window will pop up allowing you to add an alarm.
- In the Add Alarm window, use the scroll bars to choose what time you want the alarm to go off.
- If you want the alarm to repeat, tap the repeat button and choose which days of the week the alarm should sound.
- Tap Sound to choose a new ringtone for the alarm. You can also choose any song you have on your iPad.
- If you do not want to allow yourself to snooze, move the snooze button from On to Off.
- If you have multiple alarms, it might be a good idea to name them. The Label button allows you to name an individual alarm.
Once you have an alarm saved, your settings aren't set in stone. You can use the edit button in the upper left corner of the screen to modify any of these settings.
You can also delete the alarm but pressing the edit button and then tapping the red minus sign next to any alarm. This will bring up the Delete button to the right, allowing you to confirm that you want to delete the alarm.