Apple wants your money. And to help get it, they want your credit card information on file so that it can be easier for you to buy music, movies and apps from the iTunes store. That's why they require you to input a valid form of payment, usually a credit card, when you register for an iTunes account. But did you know it is rather easy to remove the credit card information from your account?
- Open iTunes on your PC.
- If not already signed in, log in to your account by choosing "Sign In" from the Store menu. (It's just to the left of Help.)
- Once signed in, choose "View my Apple ID" from the Store menu. You may have to enter your password again.
- In the Apple ID Summary, click on the "Edit >" link directly to the right of Payment Type. This allows you to edit your choice of payment.
- Instead of choosing a credit card, click the "None" button. (I've highlighted it in the Photo above this article.)
- Scroll down and choose Done from the bottom.
That's it. You now have an Apple iTunes Account with no credit card attached, which can be very handy if you want to give an iPad to your kid and make sure there is no way they can run up a large bill on it. Read on to find out how to get apps onto the iPad now that it has no credit card attached.