Have you ever wanted to change the way your iPad sounds when you get a new email? Apple has included a number of fun alert sounds you can use to customize your mail sounds, including the sounds of Sherwood Forest, a Suspense alert sound and an old school Telegraph sound. You can even customize both the new mail sound and the sent mail sound.
Here's how you get started:
- Go into your iPad's Settings.
- Scroll down the left-side menu and choose "Sounds".
- Choose "New Mail" or "Sent Mail" from the sounds menu that appears.
- A new menu appears with a listing of new alert sounds. If you don't like any of the alert clips, you can choose from any of the standard ringtones as well.
- Once you've selected a new sound, you are done. There's no save button, so simply exit from the Settings.
Did You Know: You can turn off push notifications on the iPad. Find out how.