Did you know you can set a new picture as your iPad's background? The iPad allows you to set a unique wallpaper for both the background of the iPad and the background for the lock screen, which is the screen you see when you first wake up your iPad.
- First, you will need to go into the iPad's settings. You can get there by clicking on the Settings icon, which looks like gears turning.
- Next, choose "Brightness & Wallpaper" from the menu on the left side of the settings screen.
- Choose the giant Wallpaper tab under the brightness settings to go to the Wallpaper settings.
- In this screen, you can choose Wallpaper to get to the default themes supplied by Apple for your iPad or choose Camera Roll to choose any picture you have taken with your iPad. If you have Photo Stream turned on, you will have the option to choose a photo from your photo stream.
- After choosing a picture or theme, you will be taken to a preview of the picture you want to use for the iPad's background. To set the background, either tap the button labeled "Set Lock Screen" to set the photo for your lock screen, "Set Home Screen" to make the photo appear underneath your app icons or "Set Both" for the picture to be used as the global background for your iPad.
Now all you need is a great background image! Luckily, we have a few really cool background images available.
Hint: You can save most photos from the web to your iPad by holding a finger down on the photo in the Safari browser. A good way to find fun background pictures for your iPad is to do a Google Image Search for iPad backgrounds.